Want to join our exceptional team?
Student Lettings Consultant
Are you keen to develop a career in the property market for an established independent lettings agency with exciting growth projections?
FHP Student Living require a Student Lettings Consultant to perform an exciting role in the City Centre Student Office. The role would be predominantly ‘field based’, operating across Nottingham City Centre, Lenton, Beeston and The Arboretum. The Consultant should be outgoing and personable to perform the ‘sales’ aspect of the business as well as possessing the qualities to be meticulous and efficient when performing the ‘management’ aspects of the role. The role will involve all Lettings and Management activity that is classed as ‘field work’, working directly with an Administrator to provide an excellent overall customer service to your Landlord and Tenant.
Candidate must have at least two years experience in Lettings and Property Management.
- Develop a close personable relationship with your clients on a ‘first name term’ basis
- Work well in a small team, whilst also adopting responsibilities in a ‘Front of House’ capacity
- To be able to work directly and efficiently and communicate fully within the team to provide a clear and excellent service to Landlords and Tenants.
- Be efficient in time-keeping and diary management as well as being well-mannered, polite & dedicated.
- Be confident in computer skills, such as Excel & PowerPoint, showing fine attention to detail.
- Update and control an Applicant List for your portfolio
- Conduct viewings and provide feedback to your Landlord
- Negotiate Tenancy Agreements
- Work closely with your Administrator in conducting office appointments for a swift and efficient service
- Inspect reported maintenance issues
- Conduct property inspections
- Conduct check-outs and check-ins and liaise with landlord and tenant over possible deposit deductions
- Conclude potential deposit dispute resolutions
Salary Dependant on experience.
Send your CV and Cover Letter addressed to Mr Luke Pritchett – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hydrogen Front of House Role – Lettings, Admin and Building Maintenance –
A new role is available working in our Student Living team, to work from our flagship student development Hydrogen. The role is primarily a front of house role, to work in the main reception at Hydrogen, welcoming and assisting students in their day-to-day life. Additionally, the role encompasses an exciting mix of marketing, lettings consultancy & general building maintenance administration. The role is to have a strong focus on customer service and accurate personal time-keeping and administration of your own time is essential. Whilst the role will involve much of the day working alone, the applicant will need to conduct regular meetings with the rest of the team for lettings, management & security.
- Be the first point of call to deal with any queries tenants have. Applicants should be able to use their initiative. Queries will involve lettings, maintenance and general day-to-day queries.
- Conduct lettings viewings on site and use management systems to report feedback and collate information accurately
- Be efficient in issuing contracts and managing the overall admin of the lettings program.
- Use property management systems to report maintenance accurately.
- Maintain the day-to-day appearance of the building, liaising with the onsite team and building manager
- Assist building manager in general daily health and safety checks and emergency protocols
- Assist with debt collecting, postage & facilities records
- Conduct inspections and monitor potential breaches of tenancy.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills,
- Good general education, numerical ability and PC skills, especially Microsoft Excel.
The job spec will also entail lots of additional jobs to be conducted on an ad hoc basis and the applicant needs to use common sense and initiative in dealing with these jobs efficiently.
You will have a strong interest in the student lettings and management field, along with customer care with a desire to develop a long- term career in this area. It is important to understand that the peak time of the year will be September, when the majority of students will be leaving/arriving. It is with this peak time that Annual leave is likely to be restricted in September, dependant on your circumstances.
Salary dependent on experience.
Hours – Monday to Friday 10:00 – 18:00 (37.5 hours)
Please email current CV and Covering Letter to:
Carol O’Grady – Office Management
Number 1, Weekday Cross, Nottingham, NG1 2GB